[pmwiki-users] how to specify RSS feed options using a pagelist format?

SteP step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:19:41 CDT 2009

Eemeli Aro wrote:

> Can you be more specific about what you want to achieve?

I want to specify RSS feed options directly from a wiki page not from a php file, because I want the
freedom  to change the criteria that establish which wiki pages comprise the feed, and I won't have access
to the php customization files (I do now, while I'm setting up the site).

Since scripts/feeds.php uses a pagelist to select the pages that comprise the feed, I could set feeds.php to
use a custom format template with option fmt=. This way each time I'd need to change the feed, I could
simply change the format template in a wiki page.

Unfortunately, like we said, feeds.php doesn't include php code to load custom templates before running
the pagelist.