[pmwiki-users] Changing $PageLogoUrl variable based on Group

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Thu Oct 15 19:02:09 CDT 2009

hi Graham
i've just started using the following method in my own skin and it's
been working splendidly -
it allows users to set the PageLogoUrl via a 'groupLogo' PTV on the
DefaultPage for each group:

# default logo, & per group logos via config.php
$logo = "defaultLogo.gif"; # the defaultLogo
if($group=="ILuvU") $logo = "blackheart.gif";  # assign a different
logo for different groups

# allow users to specify a logo using (:groupLogo: grouplogo-
filename.gif:) placed on their default page
$groupLogo = PageTextVar("$group.$DefaultName",'groupLogo');  # get
PTV for logo address
if($groupLogo) $PageLogoUrl = "$PmWikiDir/uploads/$group/
$groupLogo";  # get logo from uploads folder
else $PageLogoUrl = "$SkinDirUrl/logos/$logo";  # otherwise, use
default logos, located somwhere in pub folder

best,
adam