[pmwiki-users] PmForm to create new pages

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Tue May 19 07:38:50 CDT 2009

Oliver Betz wrote:
> DaveG wrote:
>
>> Oliver Betz wrote:
>>> "$Conditions['exists']" is already defined in pmwiki.php, so your
>>> suggestion can be simplificated (no php needed):
>>>
>>> (:template require if="!exists 'whatever variable'" errmsg="The page
>>> already exists!":)
>> Good call. If this works, that simplifies BlogIt -- cool.
>
> it works in my environment.
Actually, I suspect this wouldn't work in BlogIt's case. Specifically,
the blog entry can be re-edited, in which case the page will exist (it's
the page being edited). I needed to do a check specifically for this.

<snip>>
> IMO PmForm is a great thing, but it's hard to use because the
> documentation tells only very little about the capabilities.
>
> I have seen that you and Mateusz Czaplinski contributed a lot to the
> PmForm pages, but the "disclaimer" (although adequate) could deter
> people from using PmForms.
>
> Since PmForm seems to work fine, it's documentation deserves some care
> IMO. Sadly I'm not capable doing so - I'm glad if I get it working,
> but I know/understand not enough to make a reliable documentation.
Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat, despite using it pretty
extensively. I'll probably remove some of the open questions though.