[pmwiki-users] Duplicated '' in edited pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat May 2 12:14:31 CDT 2009

[Resending message -- apparently my earlier send didn't make it
to pmwiki-users.  --Pm]

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 04:33:55PM -0600, stacy at projectexperts.com wrote:
> I have a new glitch in an infrequently-used PMWiki site. It began with a March
> 2008 build (as far as I can tell), and continues with 2.2.1.
>
> Whenever I edit a page that has an apostrophe mark, either because of bolding
> or because of a standalone apostrophe, it doubles it when it saves. If I do
> this 10 times, it doubles the number of apostrophes 10 times.

My suspicion is that your site has the "magic_quotes_sybase"
setting enabled in its PHP configuration.  When enabled, this
cause PHP to escape (double) apostrophes whenever it reads them
from input, including forms.  At any rate, I suspect it's
not particular to PmWiki itself, but to your server configuration.

See also http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/48921 .

Hope this helps,