[pmwiki-users] Any way of getting the good PmWiki docs from pmwiki.org?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Mar 24 06:34:10 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 09:00:25 Oliver Betz wrote:
> Ed W wrote:
> >Any chance if you are scrubbing the docs you could have  quick cleanup
> >of any links like [[WikiTrails]] and change them to [[Wiki Trails]]
> >please?  (Example from the documentation index page distributed with
> >pmwiki 2.2.0)
> >
> >The defaults seem to be NOT to have spacewikiwords enabled so this will
> >look much nicer.
>
> this is a matter of taste - I prefer links without spaces. And I
> remember that I was surprised the first time by the automatic
> conversion. I dislike also the possible ambiguity when using the
> search function: with spaced wiki words, I had to search for "Spaced
> Version" _and_ SpacedVersion to be sure to find all links.

I agree with Oliver.

> >  Additionally I have now bitten the bullet and gone
> >down the path of URLs with hyphens in them and it's annoying to have the
> >documentation break because links still have no spaces
>
> I don't understand.

The user seems to have modified the way his own PmWiki creates page names
(using hyphens instead of spaces) and now the existing pages in the
documentation don't show any more. The pagenames are broken with his new
setting (or vice versa, his setting broke the way PmWiki finds pages).

Ed, I would have told you to go and change the pages yourself but :
1. some pagenames are WikiWords and are actual terms in the wiki vocabulary,
and shouldn't be spaced,
2. I am pretty sure that even if the links were [[Wiki Trail]], your
installation will not find them -- modify your own DocumentationIndex and
space the WikiWords in the links to see if it works.

Thanks,
Petko