[pmwiki-users] Editing Pmwiki *Locally* in a *Text Editor*

Peter K.H. Gragert p.k.h.gragert at misc.utwente.nl
Sun Mar 22 01:46:14 CDT 2009

Hi,
My way of working is as follows:
I installed XAMPP do be able to run PmWiki locally. No Vim editing needed!
And you see at once the effect of local editing ;-).
I use FileZilla to up- or download, and the newest version
can show you with color-highlighting what the difference  is ...
So I can easily see, which files should be synchronized.

It means, my local and remote PmWiki(s) are identical.

By the way, my config.php contains e.g.
if ($_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'] == "127.0.0.1"){
  $ScriptUrl = 'http://localhost***';
  $PubDirUrl = 'http://localhost***';

 } else {
  $ScriptUrl = 'http://***';
  $PubDirUrl = 'http://***';
  $PKHGjQuery = 'http://***';
  $PageLogoUrl = "http://***";
}

Where the *** naturally are to be replaced by YOUR URL's, so even your
config.php maybe up or downloaded.

     Peter