[pmwiki-users] pagelist extension - experimental

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Mar 17 08:27:34 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 8:25 AM, noskule <noskule at gmx.net> wrote:
> Peter Bowers wrote:
>> So in my experiment I'm going back to just a single operator for each
>> function (comma=or, -=and not, space=and).
>>
>> -Peter
> Another idea could be to intoduce a new argument like
>
> (:pagelist group=XXX query="select from where order ..."

FWIW, this is similar to an approach used by BoltWire that has proved
extremely flexible and easy to implement.  I simply added an if
parameter that taps directly into the conditional engine, so you can
use any kind of condition on any kind of variable that you want, using
syntax similar to the if markup.  It only took one or two lines in the
code and gave nearly limitless possibilities.

For example, something like this could be done using PmWiki syntax (as
best I remember it):

(:pagelist if="equal {group} Foo || equal {page} Bar" . . . :)

Obviously there are many more conditionals you could use, and many
more variables. This is just a simple example.  The nice thing is it
didn't disrupt any existing functionality, and it built on already
familiar syntax. Plus, it is extremely easy to add custom conditional
rules, making this highly extensible.

Cheers,
Dan