[pmwiki-users] page -name -title array?

Roman romat2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 11:59:41 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 21:29, Eemeli Aro <eemeli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you looked at EditAttributes?
> <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditAttributes>
>
> It does exactly this, ie. lets you define and edit metadata fields
> (eg. title, description, keywords) to use on Site.EditForm. It doesn't
> yet handle page text variables but that's a relatively small addition,
> if desired.
>
> Actually, one reason I wrote EditAttributes was to let me keep and
> edit this metadata directly as page attributes instead of the kludge
> they are now (stored both as attributes and directives in page text).
> In a way this runs counter to the idea of keeping these as page text
> variables, but at least the changes I proposed in
> <http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2009-February/054102.html>
> should still let something like EditAttributes work.

Thank you for pointing this recipe out. I smoothly upgraded from EditTitle
and easily added Description field. I configured it so values are stored
only in page attributes. Autofilling of titles is also useful.

As to handling of PTVs, I think, it would be better to support general
metadata section which does not clutter other text (similar to e_notes of
EditMore recipe) because PTVs are usually different on different pages and
separate fields for individual PTVs would require maintaning of several
versions of EditForm.

Thank you for all you recipes,
Roman