[pmwiki-users] page -name -title array?

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Mar 10 07:22:03 CDT 2009

> Although I would like to do this, I am concerned that it would cause
> problems for existing systems.  Perhaps we could make the switch
> and leave the existing title processing as an easily-enabled option.

What if it were made to default to the existing title processing, but the
new config.php explicitly changed the default?  Then anybody getting a new
system would get the new config.php and have the newly desired
functionality.  But anybody who doesn't download the new config.php will
still get the old behavior unless they explicitly make the change.

Best of both worlds?

In pmwiki.php or scripts/stdmarkup.php or wherever:

   SDV($EnableNewTitleBehavior, false);

In the new default config.php:

   // Make sure titles do x, y, z
   $EnableNewTitleBehavior = true;

Maybe I'm stating something that's completely obvious and missing the bigger
problem.  If so I'll apologize in advance... :-)

-Peter