[pmwiki-users] Modify the result of a search

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 9 14:36:00 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 06:46:03PM +0100, Martin Kerz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to modify what a search returns? In pagelist.php I
> found $MatchList. Is this the variable, in which search the search
> results, i.e. the names of the target pages are stored? Can someone
> give me some further insight on how I can throw back a pure list of
> search results as a xml-file.
>
> Eventually I want to define the corresonding search query and the xml-
> result in an action of its own.

I suggest looking at the ?action=rss and WebFeeds code instead --
effectively what WebFeeds does is convert pagelists into XML output
of various forms.

    http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WebFeeds

Or, if you can describe what you want the xml output to look
like, I bet we can come up with a simple recipe that you and
others can use as a starting point.