[pmwiki-users] Suppress search field in default skin

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Mon Mar 9 11:45:42 CDT 2009

"Patrick R. Michaud" wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 09:12:17PM +0100, Oliver Betz wrote:
>> is there a possibility to suppress the search field, especially the
>> link to the search page, in the default skin (besides changing the
>> skin)?
>
>If you don't mind losing the RecentChanges link, try the following in
>pub/css/local.css:
>
>    .wikihead { display: none; }
>
>If you really want to keep the RecentChanges link, perhaps the
>following instead:
>
>    .wikihead a { display: none; }              /* turns off Search link */
>    .wikihead input { display: none; }          /* turns off input fields */
>    .wikihead .headnav a { display: inline; }   /* turns on RecentChanges link */
>
>You can also put the above strings into the $HTMLStylesFmt variable:
>
>  $HTMLStylesFmt['nosearch'] = '
>    .wikihead a { display: none; }              /* turns off Search link */
>    .wikihead input { display: none; }          /* turns off input fields */
>    .wikihead .headnav a { display: inline; }   /* turns on RecentChanges link */
>  ';

o.k., although I will go another way I was curious why it didn't work:
wikihead is an ID, not a class, therefore #wikihead is needed instead
of .wikihead.

Another cosmetic issue is that the hard coded dash and colon remain
visible.

It seems to be better to edit the template for better configurability.

Oliver (CSS novice)