[pmwiki-users] Using PmWiki as an invisible wiki for a personal website

Jo Vermeulen jo.vermeulen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 00:28:36 CST 2009

Hello,
I have been experimenting with a few wikis lately in order to use one as the
backend for my personal website. I was partly motivated by an article about
WikkaWiki [1] that described how it can be tuned to allow only the
administrator to edit pages. Moreover, they also modify the skin to hide
wiki actions and the typical wiki look and feel (see [2] for details). The
reason I want to use a wiki as a backend for my website is that I want to
focus on the content, and want to easily add a few things on my website or
reorganize content.

Although I did experiment a bit with WikkaWiki, I have also been looking
into PmWiki because I like its features and customizability (amongst others
flat files, the ability to upload, wiki trails and wiki groups).

I was wondering how I can use PmWiki as an invisible wiki backend. I figured
out how to allow only admins to edit pages, but I'm not sure how I can
easily hide edit/view/history etc. actions. Is there any PHP variable that I
can use in my template (I'm creating a custom skin) to hide the actions bar
at the bottom of the page?

Thanks in advance!

[1] http://www.academicproductivity.com/2009/how-to-run-an-invisible-wiki/
[2] http://docs.wikkawiki.org/InvisibleWiki