[pmwiki-users] Floating 'edit' button idea

Karl Schilke schilkek at onid.orst.edu
Mon Mar 2 10:08:59 CST 2009

Thanks for all of the suggestions, and especially for the tip about
the shortcut keys. I didn't realize they even existed! Perhaps this
should be added as a 'call-out' in the basic editing documentation page?

As to a search/replace function, one solution is for Firefox users to
install the "It's All Text!" add-on (from
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4125). This provides an
'Edit' button at the bottom of text-box forms that opens the text in
an external editor of your choice. It's quite handy for these
situations.

Cheers,

     -Karl Schilke, Oregon State University