[pmwiki-users] How to submit patches to PmWiki?

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 15:40:02 CDT 2009

2009/6/26 Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr>:
> On Friday 26 June 2009 13:34:26 Eemeli Aro wrote:
>> What's the proper way of submitting/proposing patches to the PmWiki
>> core?
>
> New features added to the core should be potentially usefull to many people
> from the community. One way to find out if it is the case, is to have a PITS
> entry with a discussion and votes from the community. (A message to
> pmwiki-users with a link to the PITS entry might bring more participants.)

It would appear that the truly effective way of submitting patches is
to ask how to do it on this list; it would appear that Petko has taken
note of at least two things I'd previously added to PITS as a response
to my message. :) I'll note the rest on PITS & pmwiki-devel rather
than spam this list any more than it deserves.

2009/6/28 Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr>:
> On Saturday 27 June 2009 01:08:11 Simon wrote:
>> I have noticed that PITs entries don't seem to be much exposure (eg on
>> mailing lists), discussion (eg comments on the page), or support (eg
>> votes).
>
> PITS entries are public, anyone is welcome to post an opinion, a suggestion or
> a comment. If there are not many discussions or votes could that be because
> few people are concerned with the changes that someone wants?

Partly, but partly also because PITS ends up being a secondary
discussion forum to the mailing lists. For me at least it's much
easier to send a message to the list rather than edit PITS. I don't
have a solution to propose for this, though, other than a more
aggressive policy to handle or close issues.

The main list of PITS is also a bit discouraging, as the first issue
from this year that's listed is fifteenth on the list, and the first
three are all from 2004. Perhaps a default sort by inverse creation or
latest edit date would be more useful?

eemeli