[pmwiki-users] Validating forms in pmwiki

Doug Johnson doug at asknice.com
Sun Jun 21 12:59:09 CDT 2009

I've read through a lot of the online documentation.  I've got my form
done and it is lovely.
I am following the advice to do validation server side.  I am calling a
php program that does the validation and then will pass the entered data
elsewhere.
My problem is that I can't see how to go back to the calling page if the
data doesn't validate.  According to me, it would be a post back to the
pmwiki page with all of the passed variables going back in fields and
then reading from the $_SESSION vars (which I have working fine, thank you).
But I don't know how to do the post back to the page without loading up
a form and requiring the user to click on it.
Any help would be appreciated.  I don't want to do the form as a
separate self validating php file outside of pmwiki (that I already know
how to do).
--
Doug Johnson
"When people start being nice to me, I just know it's going to hurt." -