[pmwiki-users] FoxEdit & Category

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 03:44:15 CDT 2009

Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 9:03:39 AM, adam overton wrote:

> rather, the problem i seem to have located is this - when looking
> in the individual files on the server that pmwiki generates, the
> field called target= is left empty when using foxedit link.
> however, if i edit and save the normal way, then i get
> target=Category.Keyword, and i am most certain that .pageindex is
> probably updated as well. i believe these are both activities of
> SaveAttributes. i think this is why the pagelist is not showing. i
> assume it's either looking in pageindex or in the target= field of
> each page, and the keyword is getting recorded one way, but not the fox way.

> can you confirm whether this is an issue with Fox? or is it my own setup?

targets= gets created orderly using Fox (or Fox via a foxedit link).
When fox updates a page it calls the PmWiki UpdatePage() function,
and all standard Edit functions are called by UpdatePage() except
EditTemplate(), RestorePage(), AutoCreateTargets() and PreviewPage(),
none of which are necessary for Fox, and none are necessary
to create the targets= attribute. This is indeed created by
SaveAttributes(), and Fox is using that.

Which version of Fox are you using?

  ~Hans