[pmwiki-users] Categories format

Scott Connard connard at dsg-inc.com
Mon Jul 20 20:40:33 CDT 2009

> I have a page: Category.Light with the format:
>
> (:pagelist fmt=#ftnews group=Light :)
>
> ftnews is defined in the Site.LocalTemplates
>
> The problem is that the pagelist works but at the end of the page, it
> shows again the list in short format by group. So I have:
>
> Light/
> Page 1
> Page 2
> Page 3
> Page 12
>
> How do I remove the short format from the category page?

At some point recently, the PmWiki distribution started including the
file wikilib.d/Category.GroupFooter.  This allows on-the-fly
categories to work but can interfere with category pages you have
created yourself.

You have several options:
1) Modify Category.GroupFooter (your version, saved in wiki.d/, will
override the released one in wikilib.d/ even after future releases).
You can put your (:pagelist:) in the GroupFooter so it works for all
categories.

2) Add a (:nogroupfooter:) to your Category.Light page so that your
(:pagelist:) works and GroupFooter is ignored.  You would have to do
this for each page in the Category group.

Scott Connard.