[pmwiki-users] Fixing the documentation

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Jul 14 01:43:00 CDT 2009

Ed W wrote:

>> read again: I know that links are stored separately, but if you want
>> to look also for interwiki links to Cookbook, this doesn't help.
>
>Sure - but from the little I know (right now) of the search code, the
>solution is presumably that it needs to be setup in the same way as the
>normal link code and to write all interlinks into the page file?
>Perhaps this isn't so hard to change?

I'm sure it wouldn't be that complicated. I didn't consider it because
in a "normal" Wiki it wouldn't make sense.

But it would be very useful in the pmwiki.org installation because we
could search the whole wiki for links to certain pages. Especially for
changes to the documentation that's essential IMO.

Therefore I propose that pmwiki.org treats Pmwiki: and Cookbook:
interwiki links like local links to make them visible in link=
searches (i.e. backlinks).

What do the maintainers think about?

BTW: I fully agree that StyleGuidelines should moved to (merged with)
DocumentationGuidelines. It makes no sense to have two pages.

Oliver