[pmwiki-users] line break keeping page store (implemented as cookbook)

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Mon Jan 26 09:21:09 CST 2009

Eemeli Aro wrote:

[...]

>Done. See <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageTopStore> for the details.
>
>The idea is to add to PageStore a new directory in which a second copy
>of the page is kept in a different format. This allows for painless
>migration between the two. The recipe also includes automagic handling
>of updates and such, meaning that if you manually edit a file, your
>changes get properly logged and timestamped by PmWiki.

In the mean, I tested this briefly and IMO this method is better than
my original proposal for certain scenarios. Great recipe!

>The file format has the page meta information (creation time, last
>editor, etc.) in a header using the same format as PageStore. These
>are followed by a blank line, then the current page contents, exactly
>as they're seen within PmWiki. The previous versions of tha page are
>not included, these are only kept in the PageStore-format file.

As far as I see, the meta information is not copied back from the
plain text file to the original page text file. For most of the
information that's not very important, but the "author" shouldn't be
that of the first person accessing the page but either empty or the
value from the plain text file.

Oliver