[pmwiki-users] Rating cookbooks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 23 08:39:59 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 06:02:43PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> - whichever term is chosen, I think ~~~~ may be a simplification
>   too far; I would really like to see a comment associated with
>   the name (rejecting any comments that contain a url)

Okay, if ~~~~ is too simple, then perhaps something like
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimpleRating?  This
could be coupled with a form or link to make it easier to
add ratings, and changing the name to "recommendations"
or "friends" or whatever?

Note that the "Ratings" information at the top can be
modified to be any format -- it can be an average of the
recommendations, or simply the number of recommendations,
or whatever.

(Cookbook.SimpleRating is the proof-of-concept recipe for
this style of endorsement that I wrote a couple of years
ago and that didn't gain much traction, so it wasn't
adopted.)