[pmwiki-users] Testing and quality control

john.rankin at affinity.co.nz john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Jan 22 02:20:00 CST 2009

> For this reason, I strongly suggest that cookbook authors place links in
> the
> Recipe page to their Demonstration areas on their own wikis, with edit
> sandboxes to let the readers test the features. I do it for my recipes.
>
> Thanks,
> Petko

Yes and I suggest that if a recipe includes a PmWiki.Cookbook-RecipeName
page (or whatever naming convention PmWiki adopts) that this page
also include a link "to their Demonstration areas on their own wikis,
with edit sandboxes to let the readers test the features".

This may be an onerous requirement -- the reader of a recipe
page is typically an administrator. The reader of a recipe page
distributed with a recipe is probably a general reader/author
wishing to learn how to use a newly-discovered feature.

JR