[pmwiki-users] Documentation of Recipes

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Jan 21 12:03:47 CST 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 17:46:05 Russ wrote:
> I like the solution of a Cookbook group ... I've began doing that to
> document my own PmWiki sites so the recipes can be properly documented
> for the version that was installed ... it's clean, intuitive, and easy
> to read-protect or exclude from searches and pagelists if needed.
>
> Russ
>
> Eemeli Aro wrote:
> > Ummm, why not Cookbook.RecipeName? Then the names and contents could
> > be kept identical with what's on pmwiki.org. You could then add a
> > default Cookbook.Cookbook page much like the one on pmwiki.org to
> > provide an index for any included documentation.

What about sites that are about food and cooking, they need a wiki
group "Cookbook"?

Or even sites about other software that provide configuration examples like we
do in our, so called "Cookbook"?

About Categories: a previous post suggested that using categories in Recipe
Docs may interfere with a normal website. True. I think the recipe page could
include a link to a page PmWiki.InstalledRecipes which could display the
recipes via a simple pagelist.

Keep brainstorming...

Thanks,
Petko