[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release, new release manager

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Jan 19 14:44:49 CST 2009

>Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:33:16 +0100
>From: Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr>
>Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release,	new
>	release manager
>On Friday 16 January 2009 06:12:23 Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> Petko Yotov has graciously agreed to serve as PmWiki's "release
>> manager" and site maintainer.
>
>Hello to all! :-)

Hello Petko and please let me add my congratulations.

><snip>
>
>Priority Checklist :
>
>1. Security bugfixes
>2. Bugfixes
>3. Documentation updates, translations

I'm not clear how documentation of "bundles" will work (I kind of
prefer the word "package" which to me implies a more "finished"
object). There are several options, e.g.

- include a PmWiki.Packages page in wikilib.d with a list of
  included packages and a link to a documentation page on
  pmwiki.org for each package

- include a wikilib.d directory as part of each package with
  that package's documentation; activating the package would
  automatically look for a wikilib.d directory and add it to
  the wiki page directory array (could be done by the package
  itself

- adopt a convention that package documentation will be in a
  PmWikiPackages group, so the PmWiki.Packages page can use a
  (:pagelist:) to point to package documentation that forms
  part of a pmwiki distribution

And I'm sure you have your own thoughts...

> <snip>
>
>If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me. I am sure that
>everything will go fine. :-)

Off to a great start!

--
John Rankin