[pmwiki-users] fox: input textarea; not able to set ptvfmt

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 11:36:53 CST 2009

Monday, January 19, 2009, 1:23:10 PM, noskule wrote:

> While  migrating all my fox forms to the newest version I noticed that
> ptvfmt don't work anymore. Heres the part:

>     (:input textarea name=$:Summary cols=43 rows=3:)
>     (:foxptv {$EditTarget} ptvfields=Summary ptvclear=Summary
> ptvfmt=section:)
>     (:foxcheck ptv_Summary msg='please add a
> summary!':)%red%(:foxmessage blog ptv_Summary:)%%

> What happens is, that ptvfmt is "hidden" no matter what I define with
> ptvfmt.

> I figured out that if works with fields which don't use name=$:XXX. But
> in textarea fields this is the only way (I know) where I'm able to
> preload the default values.

this works for me (posting a ptv to same page,
and displaying ptv in text edit form):

%red%(:foxmessages:)%%
(:fox blog:)
(:input default source={$FullName}:)
(:input textarea name=$:Summary cols=43 rows=3:)
(:foxptv {$FullName} ptvfields=Summary ptvclear=Summary ptvfmt=section:)
(:foxcheck ptv_Summary msg='please add a summary!':)
(:input submit post:)
(:foxend blog:)

first Summary ptv is created as an anchored 'section',
subsequently this is updated.

I assume you have

[[#name]]
[[#nameend]]

defined as ptv (so $:Summary can see it)?

  ~Hans