[pmwiki-users] How to pass parameters when redirecting

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Sat Jan 10 14:08:34 CST 2009

Is there a way to redirect, passing the target page all the Get
variables? (I'm using the httpvariables recipe.)

I want to do something like this:

(...if some condition...)
(:redirect {$?targetPage}?parms={$?parms} :)
(:else:)
(:redirect {$?interruptPage}?parms={$?parms}?target={$?targetPage} :)
(:ifend:)

The InterruptPage will continue on to the TargetPage after the user
enters some information. (It works like a login.)

Here's what I've tried so far:

I tried to pass the Get variables as shown above, but they didn't get
passed - Redirect only used the name of the page.

I tried to set a cookie to pass the variables, but the cooke contained
a newline character which messed up processing on the target page. A
cookie seems like a kludgy way to pass a one-time-use variable anyway.

I tried creating a SwitchPage which includes either the TargetPage or
InterruptPage depending on the condition, but my Fox markup on the
included pages wasn't processed - the Fox markup just appeared on the
page.

(:Redirect :) with parameter passing would be the logical solution -
if that's possible. If not, is there another way to do this kind of
interrupt logic?

Randy