[pmwiki-users] Floating 'edit' button idea

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 13:39:34 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Karl Schilke <schilkek at onid.orst.edu> wrote:
><snip>
> What I'd like to have is a floating 'Edit' button that would stay at a
> given point on the screen (say, the bottom right). Hitting this button
> would bring up the 'action=edit' screen. Ideally, the source file
> would be opened with the cursor positioned somewhere close to the text
> I was viewing when I hit the floating edit button.

There is a recipe for links/buttons you can add to your browser's
toolbar, which will allow you to perform wiki actions on any pmwiki
page where you have permission for those actions:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Bookmarklet

Also, many pmwiki sites have keyboard shortcuts enabled for wiki actions.

Neither of these will put you where you want to be in the edit box,
but either of them will at least let you open the page's edit view
without having to scroll up or down to an 'edit' link.