[pmwiki-users] Another stab at ratings on PmCalendar page

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed Feb 25 14:27:07 CST 2009

> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 15:29 +1100, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 04:59:03PM -0600, Chris Cox wrote:
> > > [[Cookbook/PmCalendar-Fan]]
> > >
> > I would prefer "user" rather than "fan"; I think it is clearer and
> > simpler.  The term "fan" could mean that you like it but don't use it;
> > but "user" says that you use it (a simple yes/no question), which I
> > think we agreed was a good first pass for the "ratings" thing.
>
> Obviously not a problem... let's call  it "Rose"... :)
>
> User or Users (plural) is probably a good choice.

I played around with this just a bit in [[Cookbook/PmCalendar-Users]] and
Rating2 in PmCalendar itself.  I kept the concept of placing a link to
[[Cookbook/PmCalendar-Users]] to actually state that you use the recipe.
But then I also added the capability of a PTV in your profile named
according to the recipe to add a quick comment if you want.

PmCalendar: This is the greatest calendar recipe ever
AnotherCalendar: Stay away from anything else
(:ThisRecipe: I'm tired of messing up the look of my profile page so I'm
using a hidden PTV for this one:)

These comments will appear in the pagelist.

-Peter