[pmwiki-users] Stay logged in on a specific machine...

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Thu Feb 19 12:51:30 CST 2009

I think I have a solution to this -- I've not had to login for a while
now :)

I've added this to my config.php (actually to farmconfig.php, but
config.php for non-farm setups), and so far it's worked:

   $EnableSessionPasswords = 1;
# Unique session name for each wiki -- if no farms you could use
commented line
#  session_name('MY_SESSION123');
   session_name(str_replace('.','',$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']));
   ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', 99999999);
   ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 99999999);

Note, setting gc_maxlifetime *may* have consequences that are not
beneficial. However, I've not seen that when I've used this code.

  ~ ~ Dave