[pmwiki-users] Clean URL issue

njd at mchsi.com njd at mchsi.com
Wed Feb 18 15:37:24 CST 2009

We are in the process of moving our wiki to a new server.  I have managed to get the wiki to work on the new server, but the clean URL function will not work.  I have tried the methods described on the Clean URL page with no success.  Here are the details:

1.  Have checked through the apache2 conf file and mod_rewrite and .htaccess are enabled.
2. We have an index.php pointing to pmwiki.php, so the .htaccess script I am using looks like this (written by a previous user):
# Redirect requests from former location to this one
Redirect permanent /wiki http://our.wiki.url.goes.here
Redirect permanent /wiki* http://our.wiki.url.goes.here
# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs"
RewriteEngine On
# Define rewritebase
RewriteBase /
#Send requests without parameters to index.php
RewriteRule ^$ index.php [L]
#Send requests for files and directories that exist to those files and directories
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# Send other requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
# Send requests for /wiki to /
#RewriteRule /wiki\/(.*)/ $1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule (.*) index.php?n=$1 [QSA,L]

The configure.php file has this:
# Clean URLs
$ScriptUrl = 'http://our.wiki.url.address';
$EnablePathInfo = 1;

This is running on Linux Red Hat with Apache 2.2.3, and PHP 5.1.6
The old server that DID allow clean URLs was this:
RHL 2.6.9, Apache 2.0.52, PHP 4.3.9

What might I be missing?

Thanks!
Norma