[pmwiki-users] Preventing variable replacement

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Thu Feb 12 11:51:57 CST 2009

DaveG wrote:
> Another example of what's happening is here:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/pmform/Main/WikiSandbox
>
> Enter {$FullName} into any field. Save the form. On reload the field
> will contain:
>    {Main.WikiSandbox$FullName}
>
> That's the substitution I'm trying to avoid. The substitution should
> occur when the field is actually displayed {$$fieldname} or
> {$:fieldname}, but not when shown in as a form element.
I have some off-list clarification that this is a feature of PmWiki --
it's fully qualifying the page-variable with the pagename. It looked to
me like a bug in which the page-variable was being partially replaced
with the substituted value for FullName.

I've done a few quick tests and it looks like there are no other
negative effects of this substitution.

So it looks like the only issue is one of perception. Users need to be
aware that PV will be altered to become full-qualified PVs. I can handle
this with documentation.

  ~ ~ Dave