[pmwiki-users] Gui Buttons. Looks like underline, gives "Internal Link", in the core program.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 10 10:30:07 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:35:22PM -0500, Sandy wrote:
> This is on the current pmwiki.org installation.
>
> The gui button on the edit page, just to the right of Bold, looks like
> Underline, but the tooltip says "Internal Link". The actual markup gives
> [[zzz]].
>
> The button beside it shows the usual globe with chain links. It has a
> tooltip of "External Link". The actual markup gives the same as the
> other button, [[zzz]].

Odd.  When I click them on pmwiki.org (in the WikiSandbox), the
first button gives me "[[Page link]]" and the second button gives
"[[http:// | link text]]".

> So,
>
> 1. The underline button needs to put in underline code.

We don't really have an "underline button" -- the intent is to
separate internal and external links.  If someone wants to suggest
a better graphic for the "internal link" button I can make it happen.

> 2. If there are to be separate buttons for internal and external links
> (which is a good idea, but if we put in every good idea we'll have three
> lines of buttons, and not every skin distinguishes between them), they
> should do something different.

They do, at least for me (see above).  Perhaps it's a skin or
other custom setting causing the issue?