[pmwiki-users] Feature request - selecting between multiple templates for new pages

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Mon Feb 9 14:27:16 CST 2009

You can add a &template=Mygroup.Mypage to specify which template you want to
use.  You could do this manually by putting it in your URL in the address
bar:

http://www.example.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Mygroup.Mynewpage?action=edit?tem
plate=Mytemplates.USPOI

Or you could create a quick little form in your sidebar (or on a page), I'm
thinking vanilla pmwiki forms without any script at all would work (just
action=pmwiki.php, I'm thinking).  Just have a text field named n where you
enter the new pagename, a hidden field named action with "edit" as the
value, and a field named template which allows the user either a radiobutton
or select option to choose one of a number of templates that you specify.
Then a submit button and you should be good to go.

You can see documentation on all those form elements at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Forms if you want to go that direction.

Note that with either of these elements you are ending up with "orphan"
pages - i.e., they are pages without any link anywhere to them.  As long as
you are using pagelists to access them this isn't a problem, but if you are
used to a more traditional link-to-the-page type of approach then you would
need to get a little fancier on the above solutions.

-Peter

  _____