[pmwiki-users] making browser adding ?action=... to URL?

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sun Feb 8 12:21:29 CST 2009

Hans wrote:

>> besides adding a certain action to Site/PageActions, I could imagine
>> to have the browser adding the ?action=somewhat to the URL.
>
>> This would be useful for actions which shouldn't be visible to
>> everyone.
>
>> Has anyone such a solution ready for one of the popular browsers?
>
>I don't quite understand. You add ?action=myaction to the url, by
>either typing it into the address bar, or using a link markup like

I want to avoid typing it manually, my browser shall append it by a
single keysteoke or mouse click. And I want to have it available for
arbitrary pages, e.g. for maintenance purposes.

In the mean, I found it myself, it's really simple with a bookmarklet,
for example:

javascript:location.href=location.href+'?action=source'

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)