[pmwiki-users] Stay logged in on a specific machine...

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sun Feb 8 06:52:55 CST 2009

"Patrick R. Michaud" wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 10:44:46PM -0500, Michael Shanley wrote:
>> I dislike having to sign in every single time I open my browser, and I know
>> that a long while ago, I was able to preserve my auth level with PmWiki.
>>
>> I'm looking for a solution that will -- probably using cookies -- that my auth
>> level will be remembered until I specifically log out.
>
>Are you using AuthUser at all?
>
>In general this is somewhat difficult, because PmWiki uses PHP sessions
>to keep track of authentication information, and PHP sessions typically
>timeout after 24 minutes or so.

if someone wants to add another authentication method, what is the
correct way to add something to the list of authenticated users or
groups?

I used this call:

  SessionAuth($pagename, array('authlist' => $foo => '1')));

to add the contents of $foo to the list of successful authentications,
where $foo can be 'username' oder '@groupname', but I'm not sure
whether that's the recommended way.

Oliver