[pmwiki-users] parse wiki pages for embedded google maps data

Ryan O'Toole rot at mit.edu
Sat Feb 7 16:47:51 CST 2009

Hi PMWiki,

I'm creating a site where people can embed Google Maps onto the wiki pages.
I have two things I'd like to be able to do:

First, and easiest I think, the way Google generates embed code is to escape
the ampersands (&) with &. By default pmwiki doesn't interpret those as
&. How can I change that behavior?

Second, when a user embeds a map on a page I'd like to immediately parse the
newly saved page to pull out some of the data used in the embed code.
Specifically, for the purpose of creating a single map that aggregates all
the map data entered across the site.

I'm sure this is possible, but I'm not sure where to get started in terms of
parsing pages every time they are saved.

Any thoughts?

best,
ryan

--