[pmwiki-users] (:title:) of (:include:) included pages overrides page title

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Fri Feb 6 08:47:11 CST 2009

Petko Yotov wrote:

[...]

>>> Markup('title','<include',
>>>  '/\\(:title\\s(.*?):\\)/ei',
>>>  "PZZ(IsEnabled(\$GLOBALS['PCache'][\$pagename]['=p_title'], false) ||
>>>    PCache(\$pagename,
>>>    \$zz=array('title' => SetProperty(\$pagename, 'title',
>>>    PSS('$1')))))");
>
>> The code above eliminates the title from included pages, but (:title:)
>> from GroupHeader still overrides (:title:) on the page.
>
>In config.php it should start with 'xtitle' instead of 'title'.
>
>  Markup('xtitle','<include', #... etc.

Then it doesn't even suppress the title from included pages.

Even funnier: if both GroupFooter and GroupHeader set a title, display
of the pages GroupFooter and GroupHeader shows the title of the other
page, respectively. Therefore...

>While this works, we may adopt a different approach for the core,

...I agree with this suggestion. If there is consensus about changing
the behaviour, it seems the best solution to me.

I wouldn't invest too much time in quick fixes.

Oliver