[pmwiki-users] Checking if a {$$var} is set

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 09:38:11 CST 2009

Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 2:46:57 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> There's not currently a 'built-in' way.  I've been musing
> that unset variables should probably evaluate to '' instead
> of remaining in the markup.

That would be good in normal displayed content, but in template pages
I find it very useful to see the {$$var} as a placeholder, i.e. to
see a rendered template with {$$var} being shown as placeholder, not
just to see it in the source. - I am talking about display templates
here, not pagelist templates.

  ~Hans