[pmwiki-users] Some odd behaviour while looking PmWiki/TextFormattingRules

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 4 08:54:51 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 02:31:47AM -0200, Carlos AB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a sidebar with  links to pages and actions, no lists. When I
> look at PmWiki/TextFormatingRules, all links change and in the sidebar
> every link receives a html  <br   /> tag between them.
>
> I have removed every other recipe out of config.php and the same
> behaviour persists.
>
> I'm using the latest PmWiki release.

I suspect that PmWiki/TextFormattingRules contains a
(:linebreaks:) directive that isn't being reset, and that's
carrying over to the sidebar.

We should obviously fix TextFormattingRules, but it's also
workable to add (:nolinebreaks:) to the top of the sidebar
page to explicitly disable them if a page leaves them enabled.