[pmwiki-users] Translation downloads updated

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Feb 3 09:06:18 CST 2009

Petko Yotov wrote:

>On Monday 02 February 2009 11:40:38 Oliver Betz wrote:
>> >I can propose that the page DocumentationIndex serves as a wikitrail
>> > listing all pages that should be in the doc download archive.
>> If we do it, I consider a special page to be more secure and easier to
>> maintain than DocumentationIndex.
>
>I agree. How about a page Localization.PmWikiDe which will just have links to

from the guts, I would prefer a specific page in the PmWiki** group.
Localization/ seems be a rather static guidance for translators.

[...]

>> Do you think it's possible to enable pagelists in addition to manually
>> entered page names?
>
>Sure. However, if a newbie inadvertantly removes the Translation_Status code
>she does not understand, the page will not be in the pagelist, untill it is
>fixed.

Right. Someone has to check the changes from time to time.

The maintainers of a localization can decide whether to use a static
page for the list or a pagelist.

>> BTW: How is it done for the PmWiki/ pages included in the
>> distribution?
>
>They are manually added to the svn repository, and manually checked for
>changes and updated. That's why they may be outdated, and I need to find some
>time to do it. Soon. :-)

Huh, a lot of work. How do you "check for changes" - do you use an
advanced comparison tool? If so, I would consider a filter to make the
page files "human readable".

Oliver