[pmwiki-users] Title and PTV undesired behaviour

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Mon Feb 2 18:38:56 CST 2009

Hans wrote:
> Is it possible to achieve this? Would it be desirable that th efirst
> instance of a PTV will be used by default?
I suspect this is going to vary very much by author. Personally, I find
it makes sense that the later definition over-rides the more recent, if
declared on the same page.

If either title or PTV is included from another page, after the initial
definition, I think a case can be made for either the first or the last
taking precedence. For titles I'd probably want the first to take
precedence. For PTVs I think it would depend very much on what I was
trying to do. Either way I think we need a means to choose on a case by
case basis.

Perhaps have a 'precedence' override flag in the (:include :) markup.
(:include page1 precedence=-1 page2 precedence=4:), where the base page
is defined as having precedence of 0.

  ~ ~ Dave