[pmwiki-users] group headers not working in login page???

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 13:50:55 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:40 AM, dan mcmullen <bang at bangzero.org> wrote:
>> wouldn't that mean figuring out how to embed the current special logic in
>> the new login/attach/history pages?  from what i've seen of the code that
>> might be tricky, since they are generated directly from raw html to some
>> extent.  if i am missing your point Tegan please elaborate.

>>> Then make your own?  Create a custom.tmpl and add a new div before any
>>> of the other page-level divs, and use the wiki! code in it to have it
>>> populated by a new page (that Site.GlobalStyles one again, maybe)?
>
> So, have you tried, even just as a test, putting a sample of your
> style markup in SiteHeader? If that works, then just putting (:include
> Site.GlobalStyles:) in SiteHeader should work, provided that anything
> in Site.GlobalStyles that shouldn't be displayed in SiteHeader is
> nested in something like (:if ! name Site.GlobalStyles:) blah blah
> (:ifend:)
>
> If not, then I'll try to explain what I'm suggesting for adding a new
> page in a new div that will hold your settings, so you don't need to
> get them into the special pages.

Well!  Never mind me -- I have no clue how to fix this.  I just tried
a few tests. I put this:

%define=note font-style=italic color=green%

Note %note%test note%%

on a page of one of my wikis, and the "Note test note" displayed just
as you'd expect, with the second and third words italicized and green.
Then I took away the line %define=note font-style=italic color=green%
and put that in the wikigroup's GroupHeader, and the "Note test note"
still displayed as expected.

Next I deleted the group's GroupHeader page and put the line
%define=note font-style=italic color=green% in the Site.Header (my
skin's SiteHeader page). Now the "Note test note" line is no longer
formatted.

I finally tried adding %define=note font-style=italic color=green% to
a separate page Site.OverPage that I have displayed above the
Site.Header -- coded in the skin's .tmpl file as

	<!--wiki:Site.OverPage-->

but the "Note test note" line still dispays unformatted.

Other rules that I have hidden in Site.OverPage and Site.Header do
work, rules like

(:if expr ! exists {*$Group}.SideMenu && ! exists {*$Group}.SideBar
:)(:noleft:)(:if expr ! exists {*$Group}.RightMenu && ! exists
{*$Group}.RightBar :)(:noright:)(:ifend:)

BUT these style definitions don't. Why?