[pmwiki-users] .htaccess file

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Dec 30 20:50:26 CST 2009

On Tuesday 29 December 2009 07:38:03, Petko Yotov wrote :
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f        # if not a file,
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d        # and not a dir,
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l        # and not a link,

Wade let me look at his server and settings and I could fix the problem.

I have to apologize to Wade and to the list, the above lines which I suggested
before, trigger an internal server error.
The #-comments in .htaccess are not allowed in the middle of a line.
Removing # and what that follows to the end of the line, fixes everything.

So, his working root .htaccess file now contains the following:

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteBase /

  # requests for example.net / , send directly to PmWiki and exit
  RewriteRule ^$  /pmwiki/pmwiki.php  [QSA,L]

  # requests for example.net/Something
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l

  # and looks like a PmWiki request, send to PmWiki
  RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\x80-\xFF].*)$  /pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

Thanks,
Petko