[pmwiki-users] pagelist with ctime?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Dec 15 02:24:03 CST 2009

On Monday 14 December 2009 23:15:58 Holger Kremb wrote:
> I just tried to generate a pagelist to find out new pages from the current
> month. Unfortunately I was not successful. I am not sure but it should be
> possible with ctime.

Hello. Yes, it is possible, with some tweaking.

Define in config.php two new PageVariables :

  # add page variable {$PageCreationDate} in format yyyy-mm-dd
  $FmtPV['$PageCreationDate'] = '@strftime("%Y-%m-%d", $page["ctime"])';
  $FmtPV['$PageCreationMonth']= '@strftime("%Y-%m",$page["ctime"])'; #optional

Then, use in a pagelist:

  (:pagelist trail=Site.AllRecentChanges order=-$PageCreationDate
    if="exists {=$FullName}" count=30:)

Or, in a standard searchbox, just :
  order=-$PageCreationDate (note that on a large site it may be slow)

The "if=" part is to exclude deleted pages.

You can also use the $PageCreationMonth variable to test for the current
month:

  (:pagelist trail=Site.AllRecentChanges
    if="equal {=$PageCreationMonth} 2009-12":)

In  a pagelist template, you can use {=$PageCreationDate} and
{=$PageCreationMonth} to display these dates for each page in the pagelist.

Here are some useful links explaining what we did :
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageVariables
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageListTemplates

Thanks,