[pmwiki-users] Include HTML or URL

Chris Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Tue Dec 1 12:36:33 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 10:07 -0800, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I asked this question a couple of days ago and got no answer, so I'm
> re-posting
>
> Thanks
>
> I want to include photos from a gallery. Should I use enablehtml or
> includeurl?

includeurl is safer of course.  But, if the page/group is sufficiently
protected, you could enable the enablehtml just on that group/page
and use it.  IMHO, you'd use enablehtml in a case where includeurl
wouldn't work (where you'd need to include content in a special way).

> Are they safe if only "responsible" people have edit privileges with
> authuser?

:-)  Well... that depends on those "responsible" people... but sure!
I think it will work safely if only responsible people are able to
edit.  Arguably, includeurl works pretty well with even less
responsible folks.