[pmwiki-users] groups

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Aug 7 12:09:22 CDT 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 19:29:30 tyrus at livelifetoday.info wrote:
> I have .htpasswd and .htgroups setup. pmwiki is reading the users, but
> not sure how to use the groups.
>
> I have users assigned to group123
> I have group123/GroupAttributes?action=attr    set to @lock
>
> Sure enough it is locked, but how can a group read the pages in the
> group without knowing the group password?
>
> I found:
>

> ##Gives access to groups
>      $group = FmtPageName('$Group', $pagename);
>      $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:'.$group;
>      include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
>

> However, that is for a user with the same name as the group.

...with the same name as the WikiGroup (not the user group). If the user goes
to a page [[Tyrus.HomePage]] and the user name is Tyrus, he can edit the page.

> is there a 'group:' I can put in where 'id:' is?

You can put   @group123   instead of @lock in the ?action=attr form to allow
only users assigned to the user group "group123" to edit the page.

Thanks,
Petko