[pmwiki-users] Attachtable, now with meta silliness

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 07:28:11 CDT 2009

2009/4/28 Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net>:
> Maybe you consider to rearrange the download files: A lean version and
> getid3 as separate download (although the latter has to be splitted
> for pmwiki.org).

This is possible, but it'd require a total of three files, which gets
a bit unwieldy. If you do want a lite version, you can just remove the
whole getid3 directory and it'll be ignored gracefully.

> Extracting thumbnails is also done by getid3, right?

No, there's a default PHP function for that: exif_thumbnail.

> As far as I see, there is a minor bug in the current version: By
> default, PubDirUrl is not used for the CSS directory (wrong evaluation
> order).

Good call. This is now fixed in the 2009-04-28 bugfix release that I
just put on pmwiki.org.

> With $EnableUploadVersions disabled, it's IMO a bit confusing that
> $HandleAuth['delattach'] controls the "rename" action link but not the
> delete action link. One has to know to set $HandleAuth['deldelattach']
> appropriately.

Hmm, possibly. I've added a note about this to the cookbook page but
I'm not sure what else to do.

> What is util.js and fileinfo.js good for?

They're used by (:attachtable:) if $EnableAttachtableFileInfo is set
to show the file information as a tooltip-type box with contents
fetched via XMLHTTP. Click & hover over the + sign next to the
filename to test.

eemeli