[pmwiki-users] Controlling access to attachments on publicly-readable page

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:35:32 CDT 2009

2009/4/21 Karl Schilke <schilkek at onid.orst.edu>:
> Is there a simple way to provide a page that is world-readable (i.e.
> no 'read' password), but requires authentication to download
> attachments on this page?

Try this in a config file, before any attachment-accessing recipes:

$HandleAuth['download'] = 'edit';

For completely separate download authentication, something like this
should work (not tested, mind):

$HandleAuth['download'] = 'download';
$PageAttributes['passwddownload'] = '$[Set new download password:]';
$AuthCascade['download'] = 'read';

The idea here would be to add another password that you can set in
action=attr that if not set defaults to read permissions. Assuming
that I've understood how $AuthCascade works, which is not at all
certain.

eemeli