[pmwiki-users] Create New Page templates

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Apr 20 18:54:32 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009 00:51:19 Susan M. Garrett wrote:
> To make things easier for my authors, I'm putting together a walk-through
> page to help my authors put their works into the wiki in a consistant
> format.
>
> What I'd like to do is set up a couple of create new page templates that
> could be launched from that page.
>
> For example "If you have a work of one page or less, do THIS" and "If you
> have a work of more than one page, do THIS."
>
> The author would enter the group name and page name according to the
> instructions, click the button to create the new page, and would find
> themselves with the new page sitting at EDIT status, prefilled with
> formatted code in which they would have to enter a few variables and then
> save - bingo! there's the page with the data formatted correctly.

There is a recipe that allows authors a choice among several pre-filled
templates before creating new pages. Please see :

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTemplatesMenu

It could also suggest different templates for different wiki-groups.

This EditTemplates Menu though, appears after the authors follow a link to a
non-existant page, so it may be slightly different from what you imagined.

For newly created wikigroups, you could create a number of pre-filled pages
with this recipe :
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AutoGroupPages

Thanks,
Petko