[pmwiki-users] Howto go from PmWiki Demo Main.HomePage to BlogIt in 30 min?

Tim megustasf at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 21:58:01 CDT 2009

Dave,

Thanks for the help, I am over the initial hurdle. I did have a problem with
the placement of the pmform.php. Between your
msg and looking at the include_once path I put in config.php the problem was
obvious.

RE: Regards to my question about starting with Main.HomePage, I guess what I
   was really asking was is there a "Template" of a running Blogit that I can
   download and hack, ie a dummy copy of your "personal journal". I like those
   calendar dates you have in the blog entries! Having a couple of dummy pages
   in the download would be a great and easy way to get things rolling for us
   rookies.

RE:Regards to using glossyhue, its not just a personal choice thing, it really
   isn't functional for the default-Main.HomePage, if there is a way to upload
   a picture let me know I will do a screen capture. I actually like the
   glossyhue skin, it just doesn't translate right with this particular page

I did get the Gemini Skin working like in Jay's (see ref in first post). I even
 got the BlogCalendar insterted, but I have a few followup questions regarding
 that if you don't mind.

Q: Is there any issue with naming the pages with ISO dates? ie Blog.20090407
   The calendar uses this format such that it can create a link out of the
   date on the calendar to the blog, and also pull up the title when you
   put your mouse over the date, which in my opinion is pretty cool.

   However, I noticed when I use a date name, the entry doesn't show up in
   the
   recent entries list. Its visible in all of the other lists, just not the
   recent entries. If I force a save of the config.php file, it shows up, not
   sure why. I thought maybe I hadn't saved some change to config.php, but
   that's not it. All I have to do is touch it, and magically the Blog.YYYYMMDD
   entry shows up. What do you think?

Q: Is there a way to make my entry names default to dates (Blog.YYYYMMDD,
   and Status[Publish] and Comment[Read Only]? Maybe even Blog.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS,
   seems like I would want to be able to have more than one entry per day.

Suggestion: I see on your BlogIt page you were looking for suggestions, the
            only one I can think of is to add a [Cancel] next to all the
            [Save] buttons on the various pages. As a user its always a
            bit weird when I decide I want to bail, but there is no [Cancel]

Thanks for all your help, this BlogIt is great and will be a great tool for
me. I can see that going crazy making great wiki's like yours and Ray's could
be quite addictive, but I gotta get back to getting this machine up and on to
the next task.

If you think there is anything I should add to this thread that may help the
next rookie let me know.

Thanks,
Tim