[pmwiki-users] Skin authors : Many PmWiki skins fail to validate

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Apr 5 22:09:12 CDT 2009

Hello.

Today I added a "validate" link in the SkinHeader page to make it easier to
check an installed PmWiki.org skin for (in)valid HTML. I was surprised to
find out that in the first 20 skins, 17 failed to validate. (I didn't check
the others.)

If you are a skin author or maintainer, you may wish to check your skins via
the Validator ( http://validator.w3.org/ ) and fix possible problems. There
is a shortcut link "validate" near the top of each skin page.

One of the frequent validation errors is that we now need to replace:
with:

in order to validate XHTML 1.0 Transitional.

If you are a skin maintainer and you update your skin package, please upload
it to the cookbook and add to the page the [[!UpdateMe]] tag, and I'll enable
it on the skin wiki page.

Thanks,
Petko